It is not a case of receptionists being nosey!!
The reception staff are members of the Practice Team and it has been agreed they should ask patients ‘why they need to be seen.’ Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure you receive:-
- the most appropriate medical care
- from the most appropriate health professional
- at the most appropriate time
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients:-
- To help doctors prioritise home visits and phone calls
- To ensure all patients receive the appropriate leve of care
- To direct patients to see the nurse or other health professional rather than a doctor where appropriate.
Reception staff, like all members of the team are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given by your is treated strictly confidentially
- The practice would take any breach of confidentially very seriously and deal with it accordingly
- You can speak to a receptionist in a private away from the reception.
- However, if you feel an issue is very private and do not wish tyo say what this is, then this will be respected.
Thank you for your support.
This is promoted on behalf of Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)